Thursday, January 9, 2014

I am learning how to write

So, I started this blog a few years ago and have slowly been adding content to it. When I say slowly I mean at the pace of a child who doesn't really want to play guitar but keeps resigning up for lessons every year only to quit a few weeks later. That being said, I want to start writing more and sharing my experience of just about everything through some digital format that doesn't scream for attention. So for the time being, this is it.


I'll position this post as a general get to know me thing. I'm 25 years old. I live in Oakland, CA where I make art, meditate, cook, design apps, and develop them. I'm keen on occasional cold showers, which will likely lead to me jumping in the Bay and swimming sometime this winter. I make collages right now. I started finding objects on the ground when I was living in the Mission District in San Francisco this summer and I thought that it would be a very cool thing to create collages of the objects that people leave behind the Mission District and replace them in the public space as sort of a 4 dimensional document of the streets. Well, I've been hoarding the collages in my room, but I am on my way to making quite a number of them.



I'm also designing an art application right now. As a result, I'll likely be reviewing a lot of apps and posting those comments on this blog. As for tech, I'm working as an iOS developer in the city of San Francisco, which is something like working on Wall Street in the 20's I'd imagine (just without the glamour and Gatsby parties). I actually don't have a working iPhone right now, so my being an iOS developer is slightly ironic.

I really like sweets, and if I didn't have a penchant for biking and staying fit would paying the price for this indulgent affinity. I have really been into Fig Newton's lately. Figs are really underrated in my opinion. So are dates. Dates kinda suck because of the huge nut in them, which you have to spit out, but they are really tasty. Raisins are alright too.


So yeah. Here I am. Oh yeah my name is Corey. And the only dance I know is the Snoopy dance.

1 comment:

  1. I'd enjoy seeing more collages from you. I hope everything is going great.

    ReplyDelete